Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Project #18: Let them eat cake


Cake is always the answer. When I left my old job in July I made two white chocolate cheesecakes, a red velvet cake and a chocolate cake with whipped cream and berries and brought them to school for all my peeps. Almost seven years at that school; in the beginning some of the staff really dragged me over the coals-they thought I didn't have the chops for the job. After working side by side in the trenches with our special kids through thick and thin, the sublime and the ridiculous, the dangerous and the hilarious we became one big family. I miss them and the crazy work they do. We had no pay raises the whole time I was there, the company nickel and dimed us at every step, the administration didn't back us up when the chips were down...and that's why I'm glad I left. My staff have left and some of my other colleagues too, so it's not the same any more, but I have only fond memories of the people that work there every day with some of the hardest kids to work with. They deserve cake EVERY DAY.

No comments: