Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's all good

So this morning, in accordance with the 'Hardass Bitch' school of parenting I now fully embrace, I left for work and told my slacker daughter she had to get her late, sleeping-in sorry ass on to the bus and go to school.
May I remind you we live in the murder capital of our state.
I told my son he had to get up and take her to the bus stop.
May I also mention she has Important Testing at school all this week first thing in the morning.
The good thing is I didn't care and I was fine with my actions, so much so that I got to work and immediately got out my car locking it behind me with my purse and keys still in it. Because this is something I do on a regular basis when particularly stressed or tired, I have my own wire coathanger twisted to form a ghetto 'slimjim' in the school supply closet. (Last time a coworker had to drive up to the deli where I was picking up lunch and break into my car with aforementioned wire coathanger in the pouring rain).
I learn from my mistakes though, because I am evolved. After that last experience, I made three copies of my car key and I bought a magnet box which attaches to the underside of your car and contains a spare key for just this very type of occasion.
I was impressed with myself until I retrieved the box, opened it, and discovered I had forgotten to put a spare key in it.
Good thing I have my own wire coathanger in the school supply closet.
She was an hour late to school, missed her test.

No comments: