Search This Blog

Friday, March 7, 2014

Project #7

So I'm getting a little behind with posting my projects; it's March already (time to take down the Christmas tree) and I have a couple of things to post. 
I've been working on some weird stuff lately
Barnyard pillowcase
Ok it's not the most aesthetic pillowcase you ever saw, but it's for a three year old whose birthday party was farm-themed. (There was a petting zoo and I may or may not have tried to ride the donkey..)
I also made a couple of sweater vests (for children) but 1975 called and wanted them back so I might not post pictures...oh go on then


Why make ugly sweater vests? A few years back I bought a book called 'Knitting for Peace',and one of the patterns/projects was a vest for Afghan children. I started making two of them but I never finished them, and part of my goal this year is to complete unfinished projects as well as use up materials on new projects. I'm not sure if the Afghan children still need ugly sweater vests but let me tell you; some kid somewhere is going to end up wearing this damn vest.

No comments: