Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

An educational tale

This is a painting I did in 2007 when I was at UC Berkeley. It's mixed media on a plank of wood. The title is The Tail of an Education, because this painting includes $3,000 worth of parking tickets that I received whilst I was at Berkeley, and I felt that in some ways this summed up the struggle of going to school as a single parent with many other obligations in addition to school. And, of course, it is a mermaid's tail....




 I posted this now because it's ironic how little has changed since 2007, when I was struggling financially but still looking for ways to find humor in my situation. I loved being at school and painting every day.


I will be adding more of my paintings to my blog in the near future.....


2 comments:

Bora said...

I love this. Post more!

Soraya said...

How about adding some to my wall. Kind of like a very wealthy philanthropist might loan a piece to MOMA. I have so little...